- the preparation and issuing of a book, journal, piece of music, or other work for public sale.”the publication of her first novel”
◦ synonyms: issuing, announcement, publishing, printing, notification, reporting, declaration, communication, proclamation, broadcasting, publicizing, advertising, distribution, spreading, dissemination, promulgation, issuance, appearance “the publication of her new book”
- a book, journal, etc. issued for public sale.plural noun: publications
◦ synonyms: book, volume, title, work, tome, opus; newspaper, paper, magazine, periodical, newsletter, bulletin, journal, report; organ, booklet, chapbook, brochure, catalog; daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual; informal rag, mag, zine ”the author of this publication”
- the action of making something generally known.”the publication of April trade figures”
Publication Design is a diverse area that encompasses everything from magazines, newspapers and books to annual reports, product catalogues, newsletters, journals and everything in between.